this from my inbox this morning, courtesy of bff1.
1. What time did you get up this morning? yeah. like i remember that. 7-something.
2. Diamonds or Pearls? well, it used to be pearls. but now i have a solitaire diamond on my hand that never comes off. and silver, frank gehry-designed-for-tiffany necklace +earrings is pretty much the only other jewelry i wear daily. but i guess pearls for special occasions (like, say, someone's wedding)?
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? i can never remember. blades of glory, i think. is it possible that it's been that long? we tried to see ocean's 13 last weekend, but our plans fell through. and i can't wait to see nancy drew and ratatouille. (in the latter: that's my college friend-of-friend patton oswalt voicing the lead! woot!)
4. What is your favorite TV show? this is always so hard to answer for me: i watch way too much tv to choose just one. but i think that, if i could choose only one show to watch, it would probably be the daily show with jon stewart. informative, funny, cute (okay, adorable, beyond adorable, totally marriage material) guy hosting, *and* he's a fellow william and mary grad (one year before i got there).
5. What did you have for breakfast? haven't had it yet, but it'll be frosted mini-wheats with skim milk. and some water with some luna flavoring. and a viactiv vitamin chew and a viactiv calcium chew.
6. What is your middle name? michelle.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? hm. another toughie. probably something asian--thai? but i also love good creative u.s. cuisine, whatever they're calling that these days.
8. What foods do you dislike? olives, seafood, and pickles.
9. Your favorite Potato chip? salt and vinegar kettle chips, though i'm not a huge potato chip eater.
10. What CD is in your car stereo at the moment? i don't think i have one in there. usually i just listen to the radio or hook up my ipod.
11. What kind of car do you drive? honda cr-v.
12. Favorite sandwich? lately, it's a grilled junior signature from the smallman street deli with pastrami, swiss, and mustard, if it's dinner time. at lunch, i positively gush over the autumn griller from eat unique: cheddar and smoked gouda with poached ginger apples on blueberry corn bread, served with a green salad. so, so good. omg.
13. What characteristics do you despise? arrogance.
14. Favorite item of clothing? jeans.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? this list is really long. poland and the czech republic are high on our list--really everywhere in eastern europe. if security were no concern, i'd love to see the middle east, russia, asia, africa...yeah, my list is way too long. read: everywhere i haven't been yet. :)
16. What color is your bathroom? yellow and white, with blue and green linens.
17. Favorite brand of clothing? that i can afford? old navy and the gap. that i would buy if i spent a bit more on clothing? mm...probably anthropologie, ann taylor, and j. crew.
18. Where would you want to retire to? the mountains, maybe. somewhere cool and not humid.
19. Favorite time of day? depends on the day. i love friday evenings and sunday mornings. on work days, i guess i like late morning--i've gotten under way with the projects of the day but still feel like i have time left ahead of me to get them done.
20. Where were you born? outside of boston.
21. Favorite Sports to watch? steelers football.
22. Who do you least expect to send this back? hm. since i did this as a blog entry instead of as an email, i'm going to go with "everyone."
23. Person who will respond first? if anyone plays, it'll probably be z. she's good at the meme game.
24. What laundry detergent do you use? seventh generation free and clear liquid for high-efficiency machines.
25. Are you a morning person or night owl? neither. unfortunately, i take meds that make me want to sleep early and sleep late. but when i'm off the meds, i'm a morning person.
26. What size shoe do you wear? 8-8.5. my feet got a little longer in my 30s. weird. is that supposed to happen?
27. Favorite animal? penguins. penguins are so sensitive to my needs. and puffins. at least to watch. but i love dogs. and cats. really there aren't many animals i don't like. maybe like those fish at the bottom of the ocean with the little light on the end of an appendage to lure in their prey--i don't like those.
28. Any news you'd like to share with everyone? um, i'm still collecting yarn and trying to renovate our house. yeah, that's not news; you're right. nope, nothing here. oh: i turn 41 in 13 days.
29. What did you want to be when you were little? what *didn't* i want to be when i was little? a cartoonist, an animation artist, an actress, a writer, a judge ("so i can juge people around," as immortalized by a painting that my father still has hanging on his office wall, as far as i know), a veterinarian...i'm sure there were others.
30. Favorite candy bar? depends. usually something with a crispity thing inside, but almost always something with a salty-sweet combination.
31. What are your favorite childhood memories? summer camp and doing well in school (as opposed to getting in trouble in school).
32. What are the different jobs you have had in your life? oh, heavens. really? camp counselor, lifeguard, clerical and retail stuff (lots of temp jobs and short-term and long-term jobs in there), personnel clerk, camp director, system analyst, help desk tech, curriculum developer, software trainer, research assistant, webmaster, project manager, editor, writer, and instructional designer. is that all?
33. What color underwear are you wearing? um, i'm in my pjs still.
34. Nicknames: mitch is the only consistent one.
35. Piercing? one in my right ear; i had a second in my left ear, but i haven't used it since college.
36. Eye color? bluish.
37. Ever been to Africa? no. someday i'd like to go.
38. Ever been toilet papered? no, thankfully.
39. Ever loved someone so much it made you cry? uh, yeah. hasn't everyone?
40. Ever been in a car accident? yep.
41. Favorite restaurant? eleven. omg it's so good. molten chocolate cake, always with a different flavor of ice cream, sauce, and wafer.
42. Favorite ice cream? either ben and jerry's chubby hubby or haagen-dazs chocolate peanut butter. (common thread: salty + sweet.)
43. Favorite flower? daisies (and things that look like daisies--anemones, for example) and tulips. also peonies.
44. Disney or Warner Brothers? warner brothers. though pixar, too.
45. Favorite fast food restaurant? kfc.
46. What color is your bedroom carpet? a positively awful shade of green.
47. How many times did you take your drivers test? twice. how embarrassing.
48. Before this one, from whom did you get your last Email? ringsurf. i run a webring for pittsburgh knitters and i get hundreds of spam emails a month (close to 1,000) to that address. spammers want to join webrings to increase their search results and accidental clicks through. such a pain in the you-know-what.
49. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? prolly design without reach. or target or home depot or lowe's. that's a hard one.
50. What do you most often do when you are bored? knit, read blogs, play computer solitaire, watch tv, or take a nap. i'm resourceful like that.
51. Bedtime? anywhere between 9 and 11, depending on the night and what we're doing.
52. Who are you most curious about their responses to this questionnaire? not sure who'll reply.
53. Last person you went to dinner with? smartboy. other than him, lotta and majid.
54. What are you listening to right now? ann curry on the today show.
55. What is your favorite color? a certain family of blues.
56. Lake , Ocean or River? not sure. oceans intimidate me. i don't have a lot of experience with lakes, but i like them. rivers i like; they're what i grew up with.
57. How many tattoos do you have? yeah. like i'd sit still for a needle for that long! as if.
58. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? egg. it's incredible.
59. How many people are you sending this Email to? the three people who read my blog.
60. Who sent this to you and what is something you didn't know about them? lisa: how much she likes the ocean. and that she owns black underwear.
61. What materialistic thing would you ask for if you had one wish to make? a beautiful eichler or wright style home convenient to work yet with privacy and enough yard to keep smartboy and the dogs happy.
62. Time you finished this email? 9:15 a.m.
and now it's time for those frosted mini-wheats and starting work.
oh, yeah: we're doing central air as part of the reno. that's news. (there's a bit more about that on the house blog.)