not feeling so great today, so hot and tired, so i didn't make the speedy progress i'd hoped on my laura skirt today. i did get a muslin (kind of sloppily) cut out and sewed the darts and the first seam. i also attempted two finishes for the seam allowances to see which one i'd like to try on this skirt, and neither was very good. i'm attributing it to not feeling well.
the left seam allowance has just been turned back in half and sewn to itself. i've been using just a 0.5-inch seam allowance, which is too narrow for me to really sew in half very well, though it might be better if i pressed and pinned first.
the right seam allowance has seam binding sewn to it, folded over, then sewn on the other side.